January 9, 2020
Happy New Year! The end of the first semester is rapidly approaching, and as the semester draws to a close, students at the high school will have an opportunity to retake Regents Exams during the school day. Medina High School will operate on a regular schedule from January 21st – January 23rd. All students should report to their homerooms upon arrival on Tuesday, January 21st to receive their second semester schedules. Only those students taking Regents Exams will be excused from class throughout the testing period. Any student who needs to retake a Regents Exam must sign up with their counselor in the counseling office.
On Friday, January 24th, classes will not be in session. There will be several workshops offered that day that students will need to attend if they are taking one of the designated classes. Classroom instructors will notify students if they need to attend on Friday, January 24th. Students should only come to school for their scheduled workshop or exam, no regular classes will be held that day. In addition to the normal morning and afternoon buses, there will be a mid-day bus run to bring students home at 11:00 am. The cafeteria will only be open for breakfast on January 24th.
Parents often ask us what they can do to help their students succeed in school. We have the following suggestions:
- Provide a warm and comfortable place for your child to study, free from distractions such as television or the Internet.
- Keep the lines of communication open with your child.
- Establish routines so that your son or daughter knows that they have to work on schoolwork every day.
- Encourage your child to read every day and hold him/her accountable for their schoolwork.
- Keep the lines of communication open with your child’s teachers. Some questions you may want to ask your child’s teachers:
- How does my child act in school?
- Is my child trying hard and doing his/her best?
- Are there materials you can send home for us to work on together?
- How can I help my child at home?
The entire faculty at Medina High School is here to help your child succeed. Please feel free contact us at 798-2700 if we can help you in any way.
Mr. Michael C. Cavanagh Mr. Joel Reed
Principal Assistant Principal