Video ListAuthor:Length: Video ListAuthor:Length: Video ListAuthor:Length: Video ListAuthor:Length: Video ListAuthor:Length: Video ListAuthor:Length: Video ListAuthor:Length:
*Check out our Community Chihuly Chandelier 2 years in the making in the "Art Smiles" photo gallery section below the Medina Mustang logo! Take a peek around Oak Orchard to see where it will end up! Thank you for all of your artistic help to make this beautiful piece possible!*
Teacher Name: Lisa Pavlak
Phone: (585)798-2700, Option 3
Teaching Area: Art, K-3
*YOUTUBE Channel for Instructional Videos:
**NEW! ARTSONIA CLASSROOM MODE:**
Access Code: SFYY-BKYH
About Me: Welcome to the Art Room! I am Lisa Pavlak, and I am thrilled to be teaching art at Oak Orchard Elementary here in Medina! I am looking forward to beginning my 11th year of teaching art, and my 3rd here with your children in Medina. I know we are going to have fun creating and learning together. I had a wonderful summer preparing for the BEST art year YET! We have so much to look forward to, including having our Medina student artists' K-12 artwork displayed at Buffalo's Albright-Knox Art Gallery this fall! In addition to the art part of my life, my family and I enjoyed trips to Virginia Beach, camping at Allegany and Letchworth State Parks, completing "playground challenges" with my kids, visiting the zoo, Science Museum, family in Rochester, Olcott Beach Carousel, and enjoying time with friends and family. What a memorable summer!
I currently live in Wheatfield near Niagara Falls with my wonderful husband Mike, and our two amazing kids, Annabella and Max. I graduated from SUNY Buffalo with my Master's in Art Education K-12 in 2012, from Daemen College with my Bachelor's in Visual Arts Education and Psychology in 2009, and from Niagara County Community College with an Associate's in Fine Arts in 2006. Starting this fall, I will be volunteerting as a Relgious Education teacher for 5th and 6th grade students at my Church, and I am excited to bring my love for teaching there as well. I am a Disney F-A-N, so I strive to create a "magical" art room where students of all talents feel safe and excited to make their own artworks. Much of my inspiration also comes from the amazing Tennessee art teacher, Cassie Stephens, who you might have seen on Netflix's "Nailed It!" this past spring!
Thank you for continuing to make me feel so welcome in your district family! Here's to 2019-2020!
Wondering about what we are learning and creating this year??
Check out our Oak Orchard Elementary K-3 Visual Arts Curriculum Maps based on NYS Visual Arts and Interdisciplinary Common Core Standards!
*Please check out our Artsonia page to see what our artists are up to! Use your email address to login! If you have not signed up yet, please do so! Our artwork goal is to have every student create and maintain a digital portfolio of their artwork!
*Check out these local art venues with your kids! Locust Street is ABSOLUTELY FREE!
What is Locust Street Art?
Locust Street Art is a free community art school in Buffalo, NY where anybody can take art classes in:(click a class to learn more about it) *Please check out these classes on the Locust Street Website!
*Below are some kid-friendly art websites to check out with your kids!
We will be exploring some of these sites throughout the year to design digital artwork!
- http://www.abcya.com/abcya_paint.htm: ABCYa DIGITAL PAINTING
- https://paintz.app/ : FREE PAINT
- http://www.kidsites.com/sites-edu/art.htm: ART WEBSITES
- https://quickdraw.withgoogle.com/ : FREE DRAW
- https://www.sketchup.com: FREE DRAW/SKETCH
- https://www.eduweb.com/pintura/ : ART DETECTIVE GAME
- http://www.graffiticreator.net/ : GRAFFITI GAME
- https://sketch.io/sketchpad/ : FREE SKETCH GAME
- https://create.kahoot.it/ : KAHOOT GAMES
- https://www.metmuseum.org/art/online-features/metkids/ : MUSEUM GAMES
- https://www.tate.org.uk/kids/games-quizzes/street-art : ART QUIZ GAMES
- https://www.tate.org.uk/kids/make/make-jackson-pollock : "SCRIBBLE" PAINTING
- https://www.nga.gov/education/kids.html : MUSEUM GAMES
- http://www.haringkids.com/ : KEITH HARING CARTOONS
- http://www.cbc.ca/kidscbc2/content/games/build-your-snowman/index.html : BUILD A SNOWMAN GAME
- http://www.teachingideas.co.uk/animals-and-habitats/create-your-own-animal: CREATE YOUR OWN ANIMAL
- www.drawingwithshapes.com: HOW TO DRAW COLORING PAGES
- www.picassohead.com: ABSTRACT DRAWING GAME
- http://kids.albrightknox.org/loader.html: MUSEUM GAMES
- http://www.moma.org/interactives/destination/: MUSEUM GAMES
- http://buildyourwildself.com/: HYBRID CREATIONS
- http://kids.tate.org.uk/games/street-art/: STREET ART GAMES
- http://windowseat.ca/viscosity/create.php: FREE DRAW GAME
- http://www.happydaric.com/lite-brite/index.html: LITE BRITE DRAWING GAME
- http://art.famsf.org/: MUSEUM GAMES
- https://www.exploratorium.edu/explore: EXPLORE ART EXHIBITS
- https://www.metmuseum.org/art/online-features/metkids/: MUSEUM GAMES
- http://www.wackykids.org/: MUSEUM GAMES
- https://www.moma.org/interactives/artsafari/: MUSEUM GAMES
- https://www.childrensmuseum.org/educators/games: MUSEUM GAMES
- http://scrapcoloring.com/: COLORING PAGES
- http://www.goodsitesforkids.org/Art.htm: TONS OF ART GAMES!
- http://bomomo.com/: DIGITAL DRAWING
- http://aminahsworld.org/: ARTS AND CRAFTS ONLINE
- http://www.toytheater.com/art.php: TOY GAMES
- https://artfulparent.com/: ARTMAKING IDEAS
- https://cassiestephens.blogspot.com/: ARTMAKING IDEAS
Thank you very much for visiting!
Art Teacher, K-3
Oak Orchard Elementary School
Medina Central School District
One Mustang Drive
Medina, New York 14103-1845
(585) 798-2700 Option 3
“Every child is an artist!” –Pablo Picasso