Medina Central School is currently looking for school bus drivers and attendants! If helping safely transport our children to and from school every day interests you, stop in to the Bus Garage for an application or give us a call. We will provide excellent training to qualified individuals. This is a great opportunity to make a positive difference in children’s lives!!!
Every year the Medina Transportation Department strives to provide safe transportation for about 1,400 students to and from school. In addition, we are proud to transport many more of our students for extracurricular activities, such as field trips, athletic competitions and other student activities.
The Medina Transportation Team understands just how important the bus ride is in creating a positive beginning and end to our students’ school days. Our team takes pride in our excellent safety record when transporting our students. With your help, we can continue to ensure that all of our students become safe, successful bus riders.
Medina Central School District is proud to offer this service to our students. It is our goal to ensure that students and parents understand our policies and procedures, along with behavior expectations, so that students can be successful bus riders. However, this is a privilege which can be revoked if a student’s behavior jeopardizes his/her and/or the safety of others. If a student loses this privilege, then it becomes the parent’s responsibility to transport the student to and from school.
Here are some key points for parents and students:
- Parents are reminded that due to safety requirements for bus stops or route directions, not all students are picked up at their driveway. We have group stops. Parents are responsible for safe travel to and from these group stop locations.
- A parent, designated adult, or older sibling MUST meet all PreK-3rd grade students at their assigned stop. No exceptions. If no one is present, the driver will continue his/her route. Every effort will be made to contact the parent or adult to let them know of this event. If no contact is made, the student will be transported back to their school.
- Due to safety and more students assigned to routes, students will no longer be able to ride home with friends.
- All pick up and drop off times are approximate, your child should be ready 5 minutes prior to scheduled pick-up time. Please be flexible and understanding, times may vary due to traffic, weather, road conditions, ETC.
- Due to safety concerns, and to help the driver see your child on dark mornings, we recommend having your children use a flash light to let the driver know they are out there. (Wave the light around pointing at the ground not towards the bus).
- No parent or unauthorized person is to be allowed on the bus. If you have a concern with another student, driver, or attendant, please contact the Transportation Department immediately.
We look forward to assisting you and safely transporting your children. As always, if there are any questions or concerns with regards to transportation, do not hesitate to contact us here at the Transportation Department @ (585) 798-0351. 1018 Gwinn Street, Medina NY 14103
** For walk zone and group stop information please see the link named transportation files.
Any questions or concerns please contact us at:
Phone Number: 585-798-0351
Fax Number: 585-798-0384