Welcome to my Classroom
Teacher: Jennifer Scott
Phone: (585) 798-2700 option 1
Teaching Area: Visual Arts
About Me: I was born in Buffalo, NY and earned a BFA from the University of Buffalo and an MLA through Stony Brook. I love studying with local artists and enjoy learning new techniques. My work has been exhibited throughout New York is featured in national online galleries. I have won numerous awards for my art including a finalist award for The Artist’s Magazine 31st Annual Artist Competition. I have been teaching art at the secondary level at Medina High School since 2000.
My students have also won frequent awards and competitions at both national and local levels. My courses are designed for all students, not just the naturally talented. All course curriculum is developed from the New York State Standards for the Visual Arts (art content) along with Common Core Learning Standards (connections to the core subjects).
Courses offered in the art room are as follows:
- Art 8
- Studio 1
- Studio 2
- Creative Crafts
- Fashion Design (odd years)
- Advanced Drawing and Painting (even years)
- Independent Study (upon instructor approval after 5 art classes
Some things to consider when registering for classes:
- All students need at least one year of art or music to satisfy graduation requirements
- Most art classes are 1 semester in length or 1/2 a credit towards graduation
- Art 8 does not count towards high school credit as 10 weeks of art is mandated by the New York State Education Department
If you have any questions about any of the courses listed above, please email or call me. I look forward to seeing you in the art room.