District-Wide Safety and Wellness
Pursuant to Commissioner's Regulation 155.17, the Medina Central School District-Wide Safety Plan was developed. We recognize that emergencies and violent incidents in school districts are critical issues that must be addressed in an expeditious and effective manner. To that end, this plan is designed to prevent or minimize the effects of these violent incidents and to facilitate the coordination of the district with local and county resources in the event of an emergency.
The Medina Central School District has appointed a District-Wide School Safety and Wellness Team consisting of, but not limited to:
- Superintendent of Schools
- Assistant Superintenent
- Medina Junior-Senior High School Principal
- Clifford Wise Intermediate School Principal
- Oak Orchard Primary School Principal
- Director of Facilities
- Health Services Representative
- PTSA Representative
- Cafeteria Manager
- Maintenance Staff
- Medina Police Department - School Resource Officer
- Orleans County Emergency Services Director
- Transportation Supervisor
- Board of Education Member
This committee also serves as our District Wellness Committee and is responsible for the review and making recommendations to update/revise our District Wellness Policy (#5661).
Please click on the link to access the MCSD WELLNESS POLICY
If you have an interest in being part of the District Wellness Committee, please contact Mr. Joel Reed at 585-798-2700.